Fuselage splice plates

I cut my splice plates out on the bandsaw and was worried how I would create the precisely chamfered edges.  I ended up getting the critical edges perfectly straight with my vixen file, then used a chamfering router bit to do the edge.  It worked great.

I also bent the parts using the v-block and steel pipe in a vise method.  This is how they are supposed to fit together.

It’s been a while since I had a picture of me working on the plane.  Here I am deburring the holes on a splice plate.

Leave a Comment

NOTE - You can use these HTML tags and attributes:
<a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>