Aft Fuselage


I changed jobs and took a 2 week vacation to Taiwan.  This interrupted my Sonex work and work log entries.  I have done a considerable amount of work since the last post.  I trimmed all the aft fuselage longerons to the correct length and attached them to the fuselage sides I previously cut out.  I attached the fuselage vertical stiffeners in place with clecos.  This picture shows a fuselage side with two seatbelt attachments laying on top that I also built recently.

I asked around and have not found a 8′ sheet metal brake, so I finally started building another workbench for a homemade brake.  This has the added bonus of helping me better organize the basement and gives me another surface to work on when the fuselage sides are taking up the other workbenches.

Leave a Comment

NOTE - You can use these HTML tags and attributes:
<a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>